Lainey Bee's work method
To help you prepare for your tattoo by Lainey Bee we explain here the way she works and all you need to know. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask using the contactform.
Knowing what you want for your tattoo is very important. Placement, color, what’s the story behind the idea, which items would you like to have in it or is it a free range piece for Lainey Bee? Please don’t forget that she does not posses magical powers . She can’t read your mind. You have to trust Lainey Bee to do her best to realize your ideas from your story, but there will always be her own influence in the design. But that's also the reason why you want a tattoo by Lainey Bee.
If you provide us with your ideas Lainey Bee will see which images and design are the most beautiful on your skin. Skin type, skin color, details, body shape, contrast, shadow and composition are things she is going to occupy herself with. This is something you don't have to worrie about.
Have some faith. You have chosen Lainey Bee as your artist (for which we are super grateful!!!). It is best to not try to determine every aspect of the tattoo. Leave the designing and tattooing up to Lainey Bee. She will make sure that you get a beautiful tattoo for the rest of your life and that the process will be a pleasant and positive experience!
How does this work?
It's easy! First you have to fill out a form. You can easly do this on this website. After that Lainey Bee 's managers will contact you if they need additional information. After this Lainey Bee will contact you about her design. During your first contact with Lainey, otherwise called an "intake" she will ask you about your ideas.
Things to consider: Do you know what you want? Where do you want the tattoo, how big, etc. Please send a brief explination and reference materials (picture/drawing/story) of the idea you have in mind. After talking about it Lainey Bee will advise you from her artistic point of view. During this intake you will get an estimate of the costs, we will book an appointment and ask you to make a deposit.
Prices are not discussed online!
Keep in mind; good tattoos are not cheap and cheap tattoos are not good!
When Lainey has finished your tattoo design she will notify you. Depending on location the viewing of your design may vary. We will let you know about the design viewing. No designs are sent by email or app. To protect the design, of the design is not allowed. If you want to make some minor adjustments there is no problem. If you want a completely different design then the process starts over and you will have to pay another deposit. If this is the case, you will be notified by Lainey Bee or her managers.
When booking an appointment you will be asked to make a deposit that is determined by the size of the tattoo. The minimum is €100 and amounts to approximately 30% of the total price. A deposit is requested because we will invest time in your tattoo design and as a guarantee for the booked appointment. The deposit is non-refundable. Note: there is no ATM in the studio.
When the tattoo is completed the deposit will be deducted from the final price. With multiple tattoo days the deposit is settled on the last day. Appointments can be changed free of charge 60 days before the start. Cancellation any later than 60 days you will lose your deposit. A new deposit will be charged when making a new appointment.
Day of tattoo
The tattoo day is set aside exclusively for the day you booked.
Here is a brief explanation of what you can expect on the first day of your tattoo.
When you come to the appointment, the design approved by you is ready. The size may need to be adjusted and it still needs to be stencilled. As soon as this has happened, we will stencil the design on your skin. If it is not right, we will do it again. If you are satisfied, we let it dry. You will get a permission form (from the GGD) to sign and the payment is arranged in advance. We will setup our station with ink and start tattooing.
After completing the tattoo, we will take photos of the tattoo for the portfolio of Lainey Bee and promotion. She will wrap the tattoo in foil and you will receive a follow-up form.
Every customer, skin type and design is different. You will get an estimate of the price when you come to view the design. We work on an hourly rate of the entire tattoo time. *For larger tattoos that last several days, we use day sessions from 12:00 to 18:00 hours. We can only give you an estimate of the costs since the time needed is always different. It depends not only on the design but also on our awesome customers; how long do we need for the correct placement of the stencil, how well can you sit still, how many breaks do you need and how is your skin. All these aspects ensure that it remains an estimate!
* 'tattoo time’ means the time that your appointment starts until you leave the studio. It is your responsibility not to be late. The intake and designing the tattoo are included in the price.
Preparing for your tattoo
Eat well, rest well and relax. Does tattooing hurt? That is different for everyone, but the more energy you have, the better your body can handle it. If you want to take a break in between, just ask for it. In case of long sessions, bring some food for the breaks. During the tattoo sessions you are not allowed to eat. Furthermore, we ask you to sit as quiet as possible so that Lainey Bee can do herwork as well as possible. The more you move, the longer it will take. If you want to bring someone, ask the artist first. 1 person is often no problem but do not bring a whole entourage. Also children (and animals) are not allowed in the studio.
Health and Hygiëne Guidelines:
We work strictly in accordance with the hygiene guidelines drawn up by the National Center for Hygiene and Safety. We have health license (GGD) on the basis of article 3 of the Commodities act of tattooing and piercing. You can find us at http://www.veiligtatoeerenenpiercen.nl/
- You must be 16 years or older at thetime of your appointment.
- Everyone regardless of age must sign a consent form at the first tattoo.
- Children up to 12 years and animals are not allowed in the studio.
- If you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol we can not proceed with your tattoo and you will lose your deposit.
- Smoking or eating in the studio during tattooing is not allowed.
- Make sure you are clean and fresh.
- We reserve the right to refuse anyone or to remove someone from the studio at all times.
- All materialsare sterile. They come from sterile packages.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to book an appointment.
- You can change your appointment 60 days in advance without cost. After that you lost your deposit.
- Taking care of your tattoo is your own responsibility. You will receive follow-up instructions from us.
- No tattoos are placed on genitals, birthmarks or port-wine stains (nevusflammeusor sometimes called a firework).
- We do not tattoo discriminating or racist slogans or symbols.
- The tattooedarea is covered with a transparent foil that does not adhere to the wound.
- Between 5 and 8 weeks of weeks after tattooing you can contact us to retouch your tattoo for free if necessary.
- Cancelling or rescheduling the appointment results in the expiration of the warranty.
- If you want to have the tattoo retouched after that time, you can do this with a minimum of €100.
- Tattoos on hands, wrists, feet, ankle, knee and elbow are not covered by the warranty.
- We do not tattoo if you have hepatitis or HIV.
- We do not tattoo when you are pregnant.
- Photos and film material are used for promotional purposes.